Effective as of January 1, 2011
Thank you for visiting TrackTrack.it. TrackTrack.it recognizes that privacy is an important matter and operates its services with your privacy protection in mind.
- Modifications to Personally Identifiable Information. If you need to modify or correct any of your personal information in your account profile (such as an updated address), you may log into your account and make such changes in the manner provided in the screen directions. If your account is terminated for any reason in accordance with the TrackTrack.it TOU, then TrackTrack.it may retain your personal information.
- Information Collection and Usage.
- You can visit and access certain materials on the Site (such as visiting the Site to download content that has been sent to you) without providing TrackTrack.it with any personally identifiable information. In other words, you can visit and access certain Site materials anonymously. However, TrackTrack.it employs a system that allows senders to identify whether the recipient of a multimedia file has downloaded that file, and also identifies the IP address of the person who downloads and/or plays the file. Therefore, by using the Site to download and/or play a file that was sent to you using the Site, you consent to our identification of your IP address (and, if you were the designated recipient, your email address) and sharing that information with the person who used the Site to send that file.
- For certain other activities on the Site, such as creating an account and registering as a participant to post User Content to the Site, TrackTrack.it may ask you to provide certain personally identifiable information, such as your name, your email address, a password, your city and state of residence, your telephone number, and other similar information. Thus, when you opt to partake in certain activities on the Site, you will no longer remain anonymous.
- TrackTrack.it may use your personally identifiable information to record and/or store particulars about and support your usage of the Site. For example, and without limitation, TrackTrack.it may use the information provided by you to register and manage your account and deliver certain services to you, to verify your authority to enter the Site and to verify User Content as yours, to process activities on the Site, to log information about your usage of the Site, to provide notices to you regarding certain services, to process any communications from you to TrackTrack.it, and to improve the functionality and administration of the Site, its features, and content.
- TrackTrack.it will not use your personal information to send advertising or like marketing messages to you without your consent. However, TrackTrack.it may use your personal information without your further consent for messages related to customer service purposes (e.g., general service announcements), Site updates, or other such non-advertising or administrative undertakings. In addition, TrackTrack.it will not provide, rent, trade, or sell your personally identifiable information to any third party company or like entity, except as described in the “Information Disclosure” section below.
- TrackTrack.it may collect and store aggregate data about its user base. For example, and without limitation, TrackTrack.it may log the total number of visitors to the Site or any part or page thereof, dates and times of accessing of the Site, IP addresses of computers, operating system specifics, and browser software types. TrackTrack.it may evaluate this data for demographic and statistical purposes (e.g., for determining the number and type of visitors to different areas of the Site), for administrative purposes (e.g., for ensuring that the Site is functioning properly and for improving the utility of the Site), and for purposes of tracking trends and users’ actions. Such aggregate data will be amassed, utilized and divulged in the aggregate only. Your personal information will not be identified in such aggregate data.
- Security Measures.
- TrackTrack.it utilizes certain security measures to aid in the protection of your personally identifiable information from disclosure, loss, unauthorized access, modification, and the like. Such security measures may involve, without limitation, encryption, password protection, and assorted electronic and managerial methods. Note, however, that while TrackTrack.it utilizes all reasonable security efforts and measures, no means of Internet transmission or electronic storage may be perfectly secure. Therefore, TrackTrack.it makes no pledge of such perfect security with respect to your information. In addition, note that unless TrackTrack.it explicitly advises you otherwise, the email functionality on the Site does not provide a method for totally secure, confidential communications; therefore, like most Internet email correspondence, your email may potentially be accessed and read by others during transmission. TrackTrack.it recommends that you not use email to transmit confidential or sensitive information (e.g., Social Security numbers).
- If you do not want to provide personally identifiable information through the Site, then you may choose to not create an account with the Site. If you do not want the sender of a multimedia file to know that you accessed the file, or to know the IP address or geographic location of that IP address, do not download and/or play the file. While you may still be able to browse certain materials on the Site, you will not have access to other services and materials.
- Information Disclosure.
- TrackTrack.it may disclose your personally identifiable information if required to do so by law, in order to cooperate with a subpoena, court order, regulation, or governmental investigation, or in other legally limited situations (e.g., to protect your account from fraud, to investigate violations of TrackTrack.it’s TOU, to defend against legal claims, or to aid in any similarly protective, investigative, or defensive activity). However, to the extent legally permissible, we will use reasonable efforts to advise you of the request prior to making the disclosure in order to provide you the opportunity to challenge the propriety of the request.
- TrackTrack.it may share your personally identifiable information with others to resolve technical matters where the information pertains to page views generated by a bot or other such potentially disruptive, invasive mechanisms.
- In the event of a merger, acquisition, sale or other like corporate restructuring that TrackTrack.it or its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, or the like may engage in, TrackTrack.it (or its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, or the like) may assign or transfer your personally identifiable information to a successor or other such party, including without limitation, to a buyer of all or substantially all of TrackTrack.it’s assets.
- After you create a Site account, other users of the Site may have access to some information about your account activity. For example, other users may be able to view your account user name and your User Content. However, files you transmit using the Site will only be viewable by the intended recipient (except to the extent the recipient shares the link to the file). TrackTrack.it responsible for any access of your User Content by third parties resulting from the dissemination of an email by your intended recipient.
- If you voluntarily divulge any personal information online (e.g., on any profile or comment pages or other publicly accessible section), such information may be viewed, collected, and utilized by others. Furthermore, any information you submit to TrackTrack.it via email becomes TrackTrack.it’s property, which TrackTrack.it may use or discard in its sole discretion. For example, TrackTrack.it may utilize such information to enhance the Site’s performance, or TrackTrack.it may look at it and dispose of it.
- Children’s Policy. TrackTrack.it is a business tool for music and entertainment professionals. The Site is not intended for the use of children under the age of 13 and does not aim to attract children under 13 to the Site. TrackTrack.it does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13.